Monday, December 28, 2009

Thinking of a fresh start to a fresh year...

Well, only a couple more days left in this old year. The mighty 2009 is coming to a close, and 2010 is about to come bursting onto the scene.

As you know, if you've been following my blog for the past few months, I've been going through difficult/interesting/crazy times. I am really trying to keep things in perspective as much as possible, riding the rather ferocious wave of change and adaptation sweeping through my life. I realize that times of hardship, suffering and change are the stuff that life is made of, and that the challenges in life are what shape us into the people we are and the people we become. Even though I'm in the thick of it all now, and its hard to see where all of this is leading, I am holding onto the belief that the ability to live more fully, with greater love, compassion and wisdom for oneself and others, can only come out of learning how to deal with these internal and external difficulties when they are dropped on your doorstep. Or when you're fool enough to jump right into them by moving to a foreign country! Haha!

Anyway, new year, fresh start. Here's what I'm thinking. I'm trying to think of all kinds of life-affirming, energizing, encouraging little (or big) things that I can do to turn my mind away from dwelling on my own difficulties and all the hard stuff that life entails, and to focus more on the positive things in life. I'm going to make a big list that I can go back to again and again, when I feel all worn out by the world.

So, to all of you reading this blog, this is me asking for your help.

If you have the time and the inspiration, I'd love to hear your suggestion for what I, or anyone for that matter, can do to help focus on the good, the beautiful, the inspiring, the life-affirming stuff that the world is full of. I know its there, I just need a bit of help to get back in the moment and see it all again.

So, if you have any words of wisdom, any inspiring stories from your own life or someone you know, anything positive that you've done this year to improve your life or someone else's, any ideas for turning down the pessimism and turning up the optimism, poems you've read, songs you've heard, lessons from people who have inspired you, big dreams you have for the new year, little daily practices that you've found to be tried and true for helping you to live well and in the moment, etc. I think you know what I mean.

Throughout the years, so many people have helped me in both good times and tough times, have given me just the encouragement or inspiration that was needed at the right time, have spurred me on, challenged me to think and live in new ways, have shown me that the world is full of interesting, beautiful and amazing people. Now you're all very far away, but I want to thank you all for your past help and inspiration and I hope you'll spare a minute or two to help me again now. I think I'll compile a list of whatever ideas you send my way and publish them on the blog so they can benefit more people!

Please leave a comment here, or on Facebook or you can email me.

Thanks and enjoy the ending of this year, and the beginning of the new one.

Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment